Saturday, April 23, 2011

"Julie & Julia" and Santas

TerryGami, 15 Cloth Toy and Ornament Projects for Crafters, Teachers, and Children

 
          Washcloth Santa
 The book is now available in paperback!
The book is available at:


Just finished watching “Julie & Julia” for the fourth time over the last few years.  I wanted to see how Julie managed her blog.  I love that movie!  That movie helped inspire me to keep working on my book project back when the movie first came out.  I was so discouraged at the time.  So many re-writes, just like Julia!  I wanted to give up at times, just like Julie.  It has taken me so long to get this far, but then it took Julia a long time to get her book out there.  What can I say?  That movie uplifts me.  I know this must seem trite, but I take encouragement anywhere I can get it, even if it is from a two year old movie. 

The reason I logged on was to talk about the sparkle tulle Santa.  It can work, but getting the face right is always the hardest part for me.  I had to add the mustache separately.  I had to make some adjustments so that the color of the red tulle would not become diluted by the white tulle underneath it.  I also had to add some strips of quilt batting to plump up the rolls.  I think it is promising, but I am still working on it and will probably have to do several Santas before I am ready to post a picture.  I am using glass gems for the eyes and nose.  I think it has potential.  I, I, I...just as Julie said in the movie!

I... also think the upholstery Santa has some potential and may be easier to make than the sparkle tulle Santa. I haven’t found any upholstery material I like yet. It will look just fine with a terrycloth beard.

So, loyal readers, wish me luck!  That’s a joke.  I know no one is reading yet.

I’ll be back. 

~Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment