Thursday, June 9, 2011

Organizing Craft Supplies

Available at:


Organizing supplies and materials can become problematic, no matter what the craft. I guess that’s why there are so many articles and books on the subject.  It has never been my strong suit, but I have read the books and tried to reform and transform myself, but really to no avail.  If you are looking for a solution here, I am afraid I don’t have one; at least not yet.

I have already tried the plastic container solution.  I hope someone will eventually think outside of the container on this one, because the items I always want seem to end up at the bottom.  By the time I paw through them, the box is a mess!  Dresser drawers are a little bit better because they are shallow.

I tell you this because, with Terrygami, you may one day find that you have accumulated stacks of washcloths or utility cloths because you can’t resist the beautiful colors and you know you will need them one day. Of course, I am really talking about myself here.  I have been collecting a variety of colors and sizes for years. I squeal with delight (well, sort of) when I discover that I have in my stash the perfect color for the prototype I want to make. 

Of course, the beauty of having too many washcloths is you can always use them to dust the furniture or to wash the dishes, the car, or yourself.  One of the things I do is to weed out the dull colors and the faded colors and give them up to other uses.  I keep the bright, vibrant, and vivid colors for TerryGami.  There is always a whiter white or a brighter, richer yellow, blue or green.  Put the colors that don’t quite measure up in the dishcloth drawer, in the linen closet or in the rag bag. 

One thing I can say with certainty about crafters, we are always looking for the ultimate organizing system and we will never give up.  I am pretty sure the perfect one is just around the corner.  One day soon, I am sure, someone will analyze each craft individually and come up with the ultimate, multi-drawer/closet wall unit for each craft and we will all squeal with delight (well, sort of).  It will be reasonably priced and we will all be able to afford it.  Oh, come on!  If we can put a man on the moon, surely someone can figure this one out!

Happy Crafting!
~Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment