Saturday, March 17, 2012

Washcloth Crafts, Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Washcloth Shamrock
TerryGami books are available online!
 Available in the UK, Canada, Australia, and Europe!

Links:
Barnes and Noble

Also check out:
Etsy

Welcome to washcloth crafts!
I have lots of St. Patty's Day items in the works and should have them available by next year, if not in a book, then online on my Etsy shop.

The holiday books are designed so there is at least one project in a book for each holiday, so the series all together, will have many options for any given holiday.  Some holidays will have more items just because there are more icons to choose from like Halloween and Christmas, for example.

While there are at least two more holiday books in the works, the next book will be on insects because kids clubs, home schoolers, and Scout troops need projects they can use year round and ones that can be incorporated into a lesson plan.

The critters often go through many changes before I finally decide they are done.  For example, I am on the third leprechaun and I think I like this one!  Let's see if he makes the cut.  I think he will. 

There are other creatures I am satisfied with on the first attempt. And there are others I should have spent more time on, but then I know that the crafter can take critter to the next level, if need be.  Everyone has their own idea of what looks good. Ultimately, the crafter and/or the kids get to choose what color combinations look better and what materials go well with terrycloth.

I like the glittered foam board for accents,because I love the glitzy sheen it provides, but I also like the acrylic gems. I guess I just like things to sparkle.  It is surprising to me, but everything seems to go well with terrycloth, even the neat new paper items that are out there. I am not sure how they will hold up, but if the item is not used a toy, it may stand the test of time, if stored properly.

I know I have said it before, but we are so lucky to have so many wonderful options to choose from now!  If you haven't been to a craft store lately, you are missing out.

The luck of the Irish to you!  It is a great day to start going green!

Happy Crafting!
~Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment